I guess I should just come on out and acknowledge my birthday. No longer can I ignore it. Facebook makes it impossible! So I am embracing it!
What being 44 means to me:
- tweezers are my crucial beauty secret…
- I need a super duper magnified make-up mirror
- reading glasses, have them but don’t use them…yet
- hate sad movies
- I know what to take for my cold…Mucinex DM and ibuprofen
- my whole face droops when I don’t smile…i should smile
- more yearly doctor’s appointments
- I’m still taken aback by the older woman in the mirror
- SPF 85 is my friend
- it will all come out in the wash
- kids can do the wash
- i don’t feel guilty when my husband does housework, just grateful
- assume the best about other’s motives
- kids really do grow up fast
My fortieth birthday was really hard for me for all of the traditional reasons. Embarrassing, I know, but I was just so sad that life was flying past. I didn’t enjoy that one nor any of the ones since. Today is different. I am changing the way I look at my birthday.
Forty-four is awesome. Life is a gift from God. I’m thankful for every day that I am blessed to live on this earth and experience the joys of living. One of these days the Lord will call me home and I will enter his gates with thanksgiving. For now, I want to live here with thanksgiving.
I wonder if how I live today, on earth, will be the way I live in our eternal home. If I am full of thanksgiving here, then I will be full of thanksgiving there. If I don’t live a life of praise and thankfulness, can I expect to be glorifying his name forever?
I know I will be made perfect and his grace will make me perfect, and yet, should I not live now as I intend to live forever? If I want to be joyful, full of love and praise, then what am I waiting for?
A birthday is a great day to recommit to living each day fully, to seeing the good in things, and to being full of joy. It’s a great day!
Love this! I am a number person and 44 is awesome. We can both enjoy it this year. Happy birthday. Enjoy celebrating!
What a great outlook~ I’m having ‘issues’ with my age lately too….and not handling them very well. You’ve given me encouragement and lots to think about. You are a beautiful 44! Have a wonderful birthday!